“I really want a financial plan.” said nobody. Ever.
It’s the same with a business plan, a diet plan or a fitness plan. Nobody really enjoys the planning (at least very few do). What we want is the outcome: a successful business that provides the money we want to live our ideal lifestyle; to look better on the beach; to be able to live a longer, fuller life.
The same goes for a financial plan. Establishing a financial plan requires a bit of work: the need to review your current finances, make sure you are saving enough, understanding your expenditure and trying to make head-and-tail of the pension and investment world. Maybe even to have a conversation with a financial adviser!
It’s the kinda stuff most people would choose to avoid but as with growing a business and being healthy, you don’t get the desired results without putting in the necessary work. As they say in the army:
“Proper pre-planning prevents poor performance”
And the outcome from the financial planning process, when done properly is so worth it. Like the business, diet and fitness plans, the benefits may take time to see but the results can last forever.
Here is a list of some of the benefits of establishing your own financial plan.
- The freedom to do what you want, when you want it.
- The peace of mind that comes with knowing that you will be financially secure for the rest of your life and never have to be a burden on anyone.
- Having the opportunity to learn new things.
- Having the time to do all those things that your working life prevented.
- Seeing more of the children and grandchildren.
- Never being beholden upon or reliant upon anyone else.
- Control of your schedule.
In fact, when you distil it down to the base parts there are two over-riding benefits of having a proper plan for your money: freedom and peace of mind.
If you want to talk about how you can get the benefits from a financial plan contact me.