About Life & Money
1. True Wealth refers to more than the size of your bank account; money is merely a means to an end, not an end in itself.
2. Experiences are more valuable and more enduring than any product.
3. Truly happy people end their lives thinking “I’m glad we…” or “I loved it when we….”
4. People who get their life’s priorities wrong end life thinking “if only I…” or “why didn’t I….?”
5. A business owner’s personal and business objectives are far more effective when they’re aligned and in harmony.
6. I believe that, as a proper financial planner, I am uniquely privileged to help clients turn dreams into reality… in a way that no other profession can.
About Financial Planning
1. Proper financial planners want to know, and care, about their client’s deepest hopes, dreams and fears… so that they can help address them.
3. Proper financial planners know that lifetime ambitions are more likely to be achieved when they are planned for… and when the plan is regularly reviewed.
4. Proper financial planners commit to a rigorous discipline of ongoing professional and personal development. Those who don’t are failing their clients.
5. The ability to question and listen well is a vital skill for any financial planner.
6. A pension is just a pension. An ISA is just an ISA. It is what they enable the owner to achieve in life that really matters.
7. The ability to pick the ‘best’ funds or products is not a valuable service.
8. Successful investors have patience, discipline and keep costs low. Buying and selling active funds is not successful investing. Read more here.